The Edge Ice Center is located within Moreland Park which was acquired by the City of Owensboro in 1930. The Edge Ice Center is one of only 4 rinks in Kentucky and the only municipal facility in the state. This first-class facility was built and opened in August of 2009 to replace the original rink, the Owensboro Ice Arena which served our community since 1964. The Owensboro Ice Arena was an open air rink which made operations weather dependent October through March each year. In 1971 the facility was enclosed to accommodate a new youth sports league that arrived in Owensboro, ice hockey. The Owensboro Ice Arena served the citizens of Owensboro for 45 seasons until the new facility opened in August 2009.
The Edge Ice Center is open year round and offers public skating, skate rentals, learn-to-skate classes, skate sharpening, and a full concession and pro shop. Birthday parties and private rentals are available to groups and individuals. Call 270-687-8720 for information.
Advance payment for Public Sessions – Guaranteed Admission
CALL – 270-687-8720
Purchase in Person at the Door – Not Guaranteed Admission due to Maximum capacity = 100 Patrons
- Each session is limited to a total of 100 skaters and parent/guardians.
- All skaters and/or parent/guardians are required to wear a mask at all times.
- When renting skates, both of the participants shoes will go into a plastic bag provided by the Edge Ice Center.
- Children under 10 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian or immediate family member that is 16 or older.
|Skate Sharpening – more than 24 hours notice||$7.50|
|Skate Sharpening – less than 24 hours notice||$10|
- 42,600 square foot arena
- Spacious lobby area with LED lighting and 2 flat screen TV’s
- FREE Wireless Internet
- Video game area
- 4 private party rooms
- 200′ x 85′ sheet of ice
- Bleacher seating for 300
- 5 locker rooms
- Referee room