Legion and Moreland shelters are $48 for the first 4 hours (minimum) and $12 for each additional hours.
Ben Hawes shelters are $65 for the day.
Please include set-up and clean-up time in the reservation.
To reserve a shelter at Yellow Creek or Panther Creek, please visit the Daviess County Parks website.
Picnic shelters are available for reservation the first weekend in April through the last weekend in October. Types of shelters are as follows:
- Legion Park – 2 screened shelter – Max. capacity 75
- Moreland Park – 1 screened shelter – Max. capacity 75
- Ben Hawes Park – 3 open-air shelters – Max. capacity 100 each
The reservation fee is $48 for the first 4 hours; additional hours will be $12 per hour, except Ben Hawes where the fee is $65 per shelter. Payment may be made online or over the phone with a Visa, MasterCard or Discover Card. The only way to secure a shelter is with payment.
No reservations can be made by voicemail.
All reservations must be made a minimum of 2 weeks in advance.
No changes can be made within 2 weeks of the date of reservation.
No refunds will be given for cancellations made less than 14 business days from the date of the event.
There will be an Administrative Fee applied to all refunds.
Reservations are taken for shelters beginning the 1st Monday of November for the upcoming season. Shelters are available for reservation during the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. daily. For more information on reservations or inquires about available dates and times, call the Owensboro Parks & Recreation Administrative Center at 270-687-8700 during business hours Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. -4:30 p.m.
When making your reservation, have the following information available:
- Name of Park
- Date (Preference and Secondary Dates)
- Time (Please include set-up and clean-up)
- Type of Event
- Number Expected
- Usage of Inflatables
- Your Name
- Your Mailing Address
- Daytime Phone Number
Shelter Rules and Regulations
- Shelter may be reserved by calling 270-687-8700
- Please clean up after yourselves. Dispose of trash in receptacles.
- Adhere to your shelter reservation hours. If you vacate the shelter early, please inform the parkkeeper.
- You are allowed to bring grills to the park. We ask that you not dump hot coals out anywhere in the park. Please have a grease catch can on your grill. No fryers or grills are allowed inside the shelter or on the concrete next to the shelter. If you bring a grill, the parkkeeper will show you were it can be set up.
- Vehicles are prohibited in the park.
- Portable heaters are prohibited in the shelters.
- Gender reveal confetti cannons and/or smoke bombs are prohibited.
- Water balloons are prohibited.
- Sound must be moderate and controlled.
- Alcohol is prohibited in the parks.
- Tie Dye is prohibited.