Cycling is good for the Mind, Soul and Body
- Boosts energy level and productivity
- Improves balance and coordination
- Strengthens immune system
- Relieves stress, and boost mental health
- Increases joint mobility
- Promotes weight loss, and increases strength and flexibility
- Improves cardiovascular health and helps prevent cancer
Bicycle Owensboro – Click to learn more
Is a group dedicated to creating a friendlier, healthier, greener Owensboro through bicycling. They advocate for safe bike routes throughout the city and surrounding areas of Daviess County. Part of their mission is promoting bicycle safety education for young and adult cyclists.
Enjoy exercising and getting close to nature at the same time. The single track trails were designed by mountain bikers. With 8.25 miles of scenic trails and amazing terrain, these trails offer something for every level rider or outdoor enthusiast!
Is a NICA (National Interscholastic Cycling Association) and KICL (Kentucky Interscholastic Cycling League) affiliated 6th-12th grade cycling team based in Owensboro, Kentucky. They have certified coaches from all walks of life and levels of expertise. If you are interested in joining the team or want more information click on the team name above.
The 16.5-mile long Adkisson Greenbelt Park is designed to encircle the city linking neighborhoods, business districts, parks, and schools. The trails that make up the Greenbelt Park offer a 10-foot wide asphalt surface that will easily accommodate pedestrians and bicyclists and meets the American with Disabilities Act standards.
TRAIL ACCESS WITH PARKING
- WEST TRAIL – Joe Ford Nature Park to Shifley Park – 3.3 Miles
- Joe Ford Nature Park – 3870 West 2nd Street
- Jack C Fisher Park – 3900 West 5th Street Road
- Shifley Park – 2731 Bittel Road
- SOUTH TRAIL- Shifley Park to Horse Fork Trail – 8 Miles
- Shifley Park
- Higdon Road – 1833 Higdon Road
- HORSE FORK TRAIL – Higdon Road to Brookhill Subdivision – 3.3 Miles
- Higdon Road
- Yewell Heritage Park – 3690 Haywood Court
- EAST TRAIL – Heartland Subdivision to Lagoon Lane – 1.9 Miles
- Meijer’s – 3951 Heartland Crossing Blvd
- Lagoon Lane
Cross Country Cycling Routes that Cross through Owensboro, Kentucky
This route is 1,997.1 miles long. It stretches from Mobile, Alabama through Owensboro, Kentucky all the way to Owen Sound, Ontario. The route memorializes the Underground Railroad, a network of clandestine routes by which African freedom seekers attempted to escape slavery before and during the Civil War.
This route is 4,204.9 miles long stretching from Astoria, Oregon to Yorktown, Virginia. The route was created in 1976 and had 4,000 cyclist show up to its first ride across America.