Portions of the walking path will be CLOSED Wednesday, November 29 due to work in the area.
Watch for the signs.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Legion Park, formerly called Hickman Park, is a 23.75 acre park acquired in 1894 and is the second oldest park in Owensboro. Traditionally the park was a family picnic area, emphasizing in shaded areas to eat and playground equipment. In 1983 the first renovation took place to the park adding 2 tennis courts, 2 screened in dining halls, a light basketball court, playground equipment, restrooms, park keeper house, and a walking trail.
- Spray Park open 9:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m. Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day weather permitting
- Paved walking trail – 0.5 mile
- Picnic tables
- 1 Open-Air picnic shelter – first come first served
- 2 Screened picnic shelters – call to reserve
- 1 Lighted basketball court – open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- 1 Street Soccer court
- Castlen Dog Park