Moreland Park is a 35 acre community park acquired by the City in 1930. It is separated by Hickman Avenue from the Edge Ice Center and the Sportscenter. The Park was named in honor of Alexander Moreland an early Daviess County Resident who owned the land before the Taylor Family acquired it.

The City started out leasing the property in 1929, paying a rental fee of $2,000 from August 1930 – August 1931. This and future payments would be applied against the $20,000 purchase price.

The City Received a Deed for the west side of the park in 1930. The east side of the park continued to be leased until the remaining principal was paid and the option to purchased was exercised by the City.



  • Paved walking trail – 0.6 mile
  • Picnic tables
  • Playground
  • Restroom
  • 1 Open-Air shelter – first come, first served
  • 1 Screened picnic shelter – call to reserve
  • 1 Basketball court
  • Moreland Park Tennis Center – 12 lighted tennis courts
  • 2 Baseball diamonds – Home of Western Baseball
  • Storybook Walk