NEW for 2023
Please include set-up and clean-up time in the reservation.
Legion Park has 2 screened in Picnic Shelters that may be rented. The reservation fee is $48 for the first four hours; additional hours are $12 per hour. To secure a shelter, you may come to the Parks office at 1530 McJohnson Avenue, Owensboro, KY 42303 or call 270-687-8700.
- Seating for approximately 75
- 9 – Eight foot picnic tables
- Electrical outlets
- Ceiling fans
- No reservations can be made by voicemail.
- All reservations must be made a minimum of 2 weeks in advance.
- No changes can be made within 2 weeks of the date of reservation.
- No refunds will be given for cancellations made less than 14 business days from the date of the event.
- There will be an Administrative Fee applied to all refunds.
Reservations are taken for shelters beginning the 1st Monday of November for the upcoming season. Shelters are available for reservation during the hours of 8:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. daily. For more information on reservations or inquires about available dates and times, call the Owensboro Parks & Recreation Administrative Center at 270-687-8700 during business hours Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. -4:30 p.m.
When making your reservation, have the following information available:
- Name of Park
- Date (Preference and Secondary Dates)
- Time (Please include set-up and clean-up)
- Type of Event
- Number Expected
- Usage of Inflatables
- Your Name
- Your Mailing Address
- Daytime Phone Number
Shelter Rules and Regulations
- Shelter may be reserved by calling 270-687-8700
- Please clean up after yourselves. Dispose of trash in receptacles.
- Adhere to your shelter reservation hours. If you vacate the shelter early, please inform the park keeper.
- You are allowed to bring grills to the park. We ask that you not dump hot coals out anywhere in the park. Please have a grease catch can on your grill. No fryers or grills are allowed inside the shelter or on the concrete next to the shelter. If you bring a grill, the park keeper will show you were it can be set up.
- Vehicles are prohibited in the park.
- Portable heaters are prohibited in the shelters.
- Gender reveal confetti cannons and/or smoke bombs are prohibited.
- Water balloons are prohibited.
- Sound must be moderate and controlled.
- Alcohol is prohibited in the parks.