English Park has 1 open-air shelter that may be rented. The reservation fee is $35 plus tax ($37.04) for the first four hours; additional hours are $10 plus tax ($10.60) per hour. Shelters are available for use April 4 – November 1. To secure a shelter, you may come to the Parks office at 1530 McJohnson Avenue, Owensboro, KY 42303 or call 270-687-8700.
Restrooms at English Park stay locked for security reasons. There is a $10 deposit for a restroom key to use during a shelter reservation.
- Seating for over 100
- Electrical outlets
- No reservations can be made by voicemail.
- All reservations must be made a minimum of 2 weeks in advance.
- No changes can be made within 2 weeks of the date of reservation.
- No refunds will be given for cancellations made less than 14 days from the date of the event.
- No refunds for weather
- There will be a $5 plus tax ($5.24) Administrative Charge applied to all refunds.
Reservations are taken for shelters beginning the 1st Monday of November for the upcoming season. Shelters are available for reservation during the hours of 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. daily. For more information on reservations or inquires about available dates and times, call the Owensboro Parks & Recreation Administrative Center at 270-687-8700 during business hours Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. -5:00 p.m.
When making your reservation, have the following information available:
- Name of Park
- Date (Preference and Secondary Dates)
- Time (Please include set-up and clean-up)
- Type of Event
- Number Expected
- Usage of Inflatables
- Your Name
- Your Mailing Address
- Daytime Phone Number
Shelter Rules and Regulations
- Shelter may be reserved by calling 270-687-8700
- Please clean up after yourselves. Dispose of trash in receptacles.
- Adhere to your shelter reservation hours. If you vacate the shelter early, please inform the park keeper.
- You are allowed to bring grills to the park. We ask that you not dump hot coals out anywhere in the park. Please have a grease catch can on your grill. No fryers or grills are allowed inside the shelter or on the concrete next to the shelter. If you bring a grill, the park keeper will show you were it can be set up.
- Vehicles are prohibited in the park.
- Portable heaters are prohibited in the shelters.
- Sound must be moderate and controlled.
- Alcohol is prohibited in the parks.