Owensboro Parks & Recreation Covid-19 Reopening Update
As details of the Governor’s Phased Reopening process are released, the City of Owensboro and our Parks & Recreation team work diligently to apply that model to our programs and locations. With this information in mind, Monday, June 29 and Friday, July 3 the City of Owensboro will be opening additional locations in our park system for public use.
June 29 Openings:
- Combest Swimming Pool
- Public Swim Times
- Monday – Friday: Noon – 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 11:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Sunday: 1:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- Admission Prices
- $3.00 – per person and no charge for children under 2 (swim diapers required)
- Park Restrooms at Ben Hawes, Chautauqua, Dugan Best, Kendell-Perkins
- Travis Aubrey Skate Park
- Public Swim Times
July 3 Openings:
- Spray Parks at Smothers, Legion and Kendell-Perkins Parks
- Monday – Sunday: 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Due to the Governor’s restrictions and guidelines, some park amenities like various sport courts and Cravens Pool remain closed until further notice. Please note, to improve access to recreational amenities during this time, Owensboro Transit System (OTS) is offering free rides. Hop on a bus and head to the pool! All riders must provide and wear his/her own mask.
When using a city playground, skate park or spray park please abide by the following:
- Do not use if sick or recent exposure to someone with Covid-19,
- Maintain 6’ social distance,
- Wash hands prior to arrival and use, and sanitize or wash hands immediately following your visit,
- Limit numbers in that area – No more than 50 at one time,
- Use at your own risk, be advised outdoor spaces and areas are not cleaned daily.
Keep in mind this is an unprecedented situation. Our goal above all else is to ensure the safety of our citizens, participants and team members. We apologize for any inconvenience, and ask all to remain patient during this time as we do our part to in the effort to protect the public and employees from transmission of COVID-19. As we see the situation progress and the Governor’s model updated, we will release updated information on our parks, facilities and programs.