With our current status being a red county due to the number of Covid-19 cases, and after consulting with Clay Horton at the Health Department. We will effectively close the following City Parks and Recreation facilities and programs through October 18; status to be re-evaluated Monday October 19:
- Edge Ice Center: no public sessions, ice skating lessons, private rentals, drop-in hockey and drop-in figure skating
- Dugan Best Recreation Center: no open hours or rentals
- Fall Adult Softball League at Kentucky Legend Fields at Jack C. Fisher Park
- Fall Adult Volleyball League at Owensboro Parks and Recreation Administrative Center
The KHSAA Youth Sports Guidelines recommends no contest or practice be held during the following seven-day period in communities where the incidence rate is RED each Monday morning. As such, all sports organizations under a contract or agreement to use City facilities are required to follow these guidelines, and will not play or practice through Sunday, October 18. Return to play/practice will be determined by the rate of positive tests the morning of Monday, October 19. The following organizations are in this group:
- Western Cal Ripken Fall Baseball League
- Eastern Cal Ripken Fall Baseball League
- United Soccer, Thompson Berry Park
- Owensboro Catholic High Soccer, Thompson Berry Park
- Owensboro Daviess County Youth Football, Waymond Morris Football Complex
- Owensboro Youth Hockey, Edge Ice Center
- Owensboro Figure Skating Club, Edge Ice Center
Outdoor parks, playgrounds, golf courses and sports areas (tennis courts, pickleball courts) shall remain open.
For more information, please call 270-687-8700.