The City of Owensboro continues to follow COVID-19 guidance from the appropriate authorities and remains committed to public safety and to serving its citizens. Below is an updated list of services and reminders of current closures. Masks are required to be worn within all city facilities.
City Hall Lobby: Remains open to the general public with a maximum of three (3) people in the lobby at one time. Remittance of taxes, parking tickets, etc., can be made at City Hall, via mail to P.O. Box 10003, Owensboro, KY 42302-9003 or dropped in overnight box located on the Allen St. side of City Hall. Property taxes can be remitted online at https://services.owensboro.org/propertytaxpublic#!/. Finance business: 270-687-8537.
Fire Department/Police Department: Those conducting city business on-site will be scheduled by appointment only. For more information contact OPD at 270-687-8840 and OFD at 270-687-8409.
Public Works Building: The lobby at 1410 W. 5th Street is closed to the general public. Call 270-687-8760 or 270-687-4444 for assistance.
Sanitation and Transit service – No change
Parks & Recreation:
Effective Friday, November 20 at 5:00 p.m. through Sunday, December 13.
The Parks & Recreation Administrative Center will be closed to the public. Anyone needing to conduct business call 270-687-8700 or email email@example.com to determine how best to handle your need. Deliveries will be accepted.
If you are involved in one of our programs, lessons or have a rental scheduled during the dates listed, please email the supervisor listed below:
- Edge Ice Center: Kerry Bodenheimer, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Smothers Park: Jennifer Hodges, email@example.com
- Parks & Rec. Admin. Center: Brittni Klotzback, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hillcrest & Ben Hawes Golf Courses: Charles Whelan, email@example.com
- Dugan Best Recreation Center: Michael Gray, firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on Youth Sports Leagues that operate on city park properties contact the league directly:
- Owensboro United Soccer Club at Thompson Berry on Facebook
- Owensboro Youth Hockey on Facebook
- Owensboro Figure Club – Tracy Olsen, 270-302-1319
Dugan Best Recreation Center (Mask required while inside facility)
- Maximum capacity lowered to 25 patrons. First come, first serve basis.
- While schools are virtual, hours of operation will be Monday through Saturday Noon to 6 p.m. and closed on Sundays.
Edge Ice Center (Mask required while inside facility – both on and off the ice)
- Maximum capacity lowered to 66 patrons.
- Admission tickets must be purchased online at owensboroparks.org.
- $2 parent/guardian ticket must be purchased if you are not skating.
- All ice skating lessons canceled through the end of the year.
- Concession will serve beverages only.
Ben Hawes and Hillcrest Golf Courses
- Play will continue with current COVID-19 guidelines in place.
- No scrambles during this time.
Registration available by phone (270-687-8700) for skating lessons starting in January, Adult Volleyball Leagues, and Little Spikers.
During this time, we will be taking additional measures for cleaning and disinfecting, as well as additional safety and hygiene measures for our staff. We apologize for any inconvenience, and ask all to remain patient during this time as we do our part in the effort to protect the public and employees from transmission of the COVID-19 virus.